In addition to your traditional support of Hope for the Hungry today, Legacy Gifts (planned gifts) can continue your gift tomorrow. Legacy Giving is an easy, intentional and strategic way to carry on your love of the cause to “Share the Bread of Life with a Starving World,” today and continue to support Hope for the Hungry tomorrow. Here are some ideas to consider if you are interested in making a legacy gift to support Hope for the Hungry.
- Name Hope for the Hungry in your will or living trust.
- A specific bequest: leaves a specified dollar amount or percentage to Hope for the Hungry.
- A residuary bequest: first gives the amount you specify to the individuals you choose, then the balance can be sent to Hope for the Hungry.
- Life insurance offers the opportunity to make a significant gift that might not otherwise be affordable. Name Hope for the Hungry as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Example: A 50 year old male in very good health could gift a $100,000 policy for less than a digital cable bill, providing a significant gift to help the ministry tomorrow.
Gift of Securities (Stocks):
A Gift of Stock and Securities is an excellent way to support Hope for the Hungry with benefits to maximize your gift and receive potential tax benefits. In addition to transferring stock, a charitable donor-advised fund or qualified charitable distribution may also be an effective option for you. Please consult your financial advisor to discuss gifting stocks to Hope for the Hungry.
- Pension plans and 401k may offer a healthy contribution and help save on taxes.
- Transfer stock to Hope for the Hungry
Step 1: Call your broker and ask to transfer (not sell) your appreciated stock to Hope for the Hungry account at Wells Fargo Advisors and ask your broker to contact John Holmes, Financial Advisor with Wells Fargo Advisors at 254-742-1885, fax: 254-742-7714 firstname.lastname@example.org
Wells Fargo Advisors is a trade name used by Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC, Member SIPC.
Information for your broker to transfer: DTC #0141 Hope for the Hungry
Step 2: Please contact Larry Reeves or Jeff Pedigo to help us credit the gift correctly upon transfer completion.
Please contact your financial advisor, attorney, or life insurance agent to discuss any of these giving opportunities.
For information on how your financial gift can help us “Share the Bread of Life with a Starving.
Donor Advised Funds:
Do you have an account with Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, BNY Mellon or Greater Kansas City Community Foundation? If so, go to the Donor Direct box below and designate our organization, Hope for the Hungry, (how the funds should be used) and the amount of the gift. When you click the “Next” button, you will be taken directly to your donor advised fund provider. If your donor advised fund provider is not listed, contact your provider directly with a request to make a grant to Hope for the Hungry. We appreciate your support.
Designation: Hope for the Hungry
If you are interested in giving a legacy gift or gift of stock please contact us.