Vehicles of Hope
Donate any vehicle – running or not, including: Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, RV’s, Boats, Airplanes, Heavy Equipment, Farm Machinery, etc.
Donate your vehicle running or not to support the ministry of Hope for the Hungry through our vehicle donation program, at no cost to you.
- Any vehicle, Anywhere in America, running or not
- Free, Easy, Quick, Secure alternative to selling or trading-in yourself.
- Get a potential Tax Benefits
- By Internet or Phone, simple
- Free, Easy, Quick, Secure way to help their favorite charity, in a big way.
How it Works?
Donate Any Vehicle – Anywhere, Running or Not: We accept any kind of vehicle: cars, trucks, motorcycles, RV’s, boats, airplanes, heavy equipment, farm machinery, etc. Nationwide pickup from anywhere at no cost to you.
Free: No Costs to you or Hope for the Hungry: There is no cost to the donor or to Hope for the Hungry. All expenses are deducted from the gross sales price and, if the costs ever exceed the price, our vehicle donation partner, V-DAC, covers those costs.
Tax Benefits for you: You are entitled to receive a Tax Deduction equal to what the vehicle is sold for by the Hope for the Hungry if you itemize your deductions. If the vehicle is sold for less than $500, you can deduct the fair market value up to $500. You will receive a tax receipt stating what your vehicle sold for within a few days of the sale of your vehicle. Call the toll free donation number if you need another copy of this receipt. See Tax Information below for more thorough information.
Big Help to Us: There are no costs or risks to the non-proft in this program and it is a valuable supplemental source of income to sustain our programs.
The Donation Process
- Click Here to go directly to the Hope for the Hungry Vehicle Donation Page powered by V-DAC.
- Have Vehicle Info Handy – You will need: Year, Make, Model, VIN number, Mileage, Title Info, Location of the Vehicle.
- Complete Donation Wizard by clicking on Donate Now or Call toll free 877-999-8322
- Print and complete the necessary forms – When you have finished the Wizard, print out the Wizard completed page. Print and sign the Odometer Statement and the Limited Power of Attorney.
- Mail forms to Processing Center: V-DAC c/o , Advanced Remarketing Services, 308 Market Street Warren, Rhode Island 02885
- Get phone call to schedule vehicle pick up – Once the Vehicle Processing Center receives your paperwork, they will call you to schedule a convenient time to pick up the vehicle.
Donors are entitled to receive a Tax Deduction equal to the sales price of the vehicle, if they itemize their deductions. If the vehicle sold for less than $500, donors can deduct the “fair market value” up to $500. They will receive a tax receipt or IRS Form 1098C stating what the vehicle sold for within 30 days of its sale.
The “fair market value” of a vehicle is the price that a donor could sell it for in its current condition to another individual, willing seller and willing buyer, and it represents the cash that a donor gives up to make the donation. A convenient source of this information is the private party sale value as shown in online valuation guides such as Kelley Blue Book (http://www.kbb.com/kbb/UsedCars/default.aspx).
ICA, as the actual recipient of the donation, must file Form 1098C with the IRS for all vehicle donations, including donor’s Social Security number and vehicle’s Vehicle Identification Number (VIN. There are no tax filings required of the non-profit.
V-DAC gives no tax advice. It is solely the donor’s responsibility to report vehicle value and tax status. For more information about tax deduction for vehicle donation, the IRS provides . “A Donor’s Guide to Car Donations”
For more information please visit: http://www.v-dac.com/donors/features#basic_rules
Hope for the Hungry vehicle donation program is powered by V-DAC through Hope for the Hungry’s association with Independent Charities of America (ICA). Since 2002, V-DAC has been providing programs to over 2500 local and national non-profits, including NASCAR Foundation, National Public Radio, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Boy Scouts, and many others. Hope for the Hungry is pleased to partner with ICA and V-DAC to offer vehicle donation to our supporters. Should you have any questions or concerns please contact Jeff Pedigo at email@example.com